Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Adoption Update

We are currently number 51 on the girls' waiting list. They are predicting that it will take around 9 months for a referral. That was last month, so now I will say 8 months. The first week of every month, they call all the people on the waiting list to update them on a number, so next week we should be getting our call. I am excited because yesterday I received an email from our agency that they sent to everyone on the girls' list saying that there are currently 53 families on the girls waiting list and only 16 on the boys'. The agency was just letting us "girl" people know that if we wanted to change over to boy the wait would be much shorter, so if any of us didn't care which gender, then maybe we would want to change.
We aren't going to change, since we feel 100% that God made it clear to us that He has a girl in mind for us.
But, as I told Aaron last night, there may be a lot of "girl" people who switch to "boy" to get a shorter wait time, and if they do, then that means we will move up faster when those people switch. Who knows though, there may be no one switch.
We went to Birmingham Saturday morning and got fingerprinted for the 4th time and hopefully the last. We got fingerprinted twice for our homestudy, the first set wasn't readable and had to be redone. Once for our agency, and the last time for CIS. I was so scared and prayed all day Friday and Friday night that we wouldn't get sick and miss our appt. time. It was 9am Saturday and at our Friday coop classes, there were 2 kids in Hannah's class vomiting. Then, Aaron took the girls to a birthday party Friday night while I was at work and the birthday boy vomited 3 times at the party. My prayer was "Lord, just let them wait to get sick until we get back from Birmingham" Missing our appt. would have meant losing almost $800, since we would forfiet all that money and have to reapply. God answered my prayer even better in that none of the girls got the stomach virus this round.
There were 3 papers in our dossier that need to be corrected. I have 2 back to the agency corrected and I am still working on the 3rd. Aaron's medical form. He misspelled a word on the original and put a line through it and the Guatemalan govt. doesn't allow mark throughs. So, I sent it back to the doctor and asked the doctor and notary who works in the MD office to please just redo it exactly as before and send it back. If they were nice enough to put the same dates as before , I wouldn't have to county and state certify again. Unfortunately, they put September date, but upon further inspection, they signed 2 separate dates. The whole point of having a notary is that the notary is saying that they actually saw that person sign, so having 2 dates makes it a little unbelievable, so I will have to get it redone again. I hate to keep bothering them, but usually when people find out they are helping with an adoption, they are happy to help.


Griner Mom said...

I am so glad that you are blogging. I will love being able to keep up with you guys!! I will also like keeping up with the adoption. Know that you are in our prayers. I will still write on e-mail too. Bye for now, Ashley

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Good news so far with you guys on your adoption. It is a long road, but I am glad that we share our trips through blogs. -Samantha (Ashley G's sister)