Monday, November 26, 2007

the Best Cat ever & the Best Man ever



Madelyn brought the cat to me today with this blue bag and says "can you help me get the cat in the bag, she is not letting me do it" I told her that she probably didn't want to go in the bag, but held it open while Madelyn dropped the cat in head first with only her tail hanging out the top. She eventually got turned around and Madelyn carried her around like this for at least 5 min. Which is a long time for a cat to stay in a bag. The cat goes for walks with us (unleashed), plays soccer with the girls, carries sticks around like a dog, and will race the girls in the yard. She also likes to go in front of them while they are riding a bike, or in front of me while pushing a stroller, and just stops. It's a good thing we like her.






The next picture is of Hannah tonight when she was getting ready to go to sleep.
I didn't get to work as much last week as I had planned. Got some strep throat like illness and had to go to the doctor for antibiotics. Now Madelyn is complaining of a sore throat, so I get the flashlight out - I thought my tonsils looked bad - hers are covered with white spots and HUGE and red. So, I mention getting a doctor's appt. and miraculously, her throat stops hurting, but I have the proof, I can see it myself. So, tomorrow, we risk bringing home more disease when we go and try to get rid of this one. It took about 2 days of my throat gradually getting worse before I got to the point of hardly being able to swallow.
We got our Christmas tree up and decorated Thanksgiving day. Since I was planning on working and ended up being sick that day, we did have Turkey dumplings that I made from some frozen turkey, but that is as far as the traditional Thanksgiving feast we got to.
I haven't started shopping for Christmas and haven't even made out a list of who I am going to buy for. Seems like the older I get and the more kids I have, the more hectic life gets and the later in the season I remember that Christmas is coming and maybe I might ought to go shopping.
It doesn't help that I HATE to shop. Add the crowds on top of that. I am going to throw this out there in case there are other women out there reading this with shopping aversions. My mom says she doesn't know what happened to me as to why I turned out this way. But I finally figured out one reason I hate it... I get motion sick pretty easily. What do you do when you shop? Constantly turn your head side to side. Add to that the smell of new clothes and what we have here is a motion sick shopper with a headache that is depressed that she can't fit in size ___(I'm not telling) clothes anymore. Now, is that the type of person you want to spend a day with? So Mom, be glad that I don't grace you with my presence at the mall. If Aaron reads this, he will laugh b/c I don't know if he really believes my "motionsick at the mall" excuse, but he's not complaining. I have saved thousands of dollars in our years of marriage being a "miser" (another nickname Mom gave me when I was younger) and a mall hater. Of course the trade off is that he gets to live in a very undecorated, plain house with a wife who is pretty much content to wear the same 5 shirts and 5 pants every week, b/c why buy more when you can just wash the ones you have?
Anyway, if he does laugh, who am I to compete with the excellent specimen of humanity he is.?
He is the one who has gained 40 lb since we met and he still wears a size 32 pants. So while he is gaining muscle, I... well if you have seen me lately, you know. Then, I always thought my eyes weren't that bad. I mean, I can see well enough to read without glasses or contacts. That is - close up. I can't see that great far away even with my glasses on. At least I thought that I was deficient since I am constantly squinting looking far away asking Aaron, "what time does that clock say?" "What does that say up there on the screen?" Little did I know that I was comparing myself to someone with 20/13 and 20/12 eyesight....WITHOUT glasses or contacts. Yes, he comes home tonight after having to take a physical for a CDL license, bragging about how he impressed the nurses and everyone in the hallway watching him take the seeing test. (He later says that he could have read 1/2 of the next line, but didn't want to only get 1/2 a line, would rather go out with a bang, reading a whole line )
There are two ways to look at this...
#1 wow, I am so blessed to have such a wonderful specimen of a man for a husband!!
#2 Man, you make me look bad!!!

2 comments:

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

So, are you saying you need glasses? I have a dear friend who is also a woman who hates to shop, so you are not alone. Hopefully you will get some shopping done before the stores get to crazy!

Griner Mom said...

Hope everyone gets better quickly! Hopefully you can get your shopping done pretty quickly before the crowds get bad. I wish we lived closer, I would love to go with you. We would look crazy wouldn't we, shopping with our brood? Also if you ask me, Aaron is pretty lucky, no blessed, himself in having such an awesome wife and mother, don't you forget it!!!! I know he agrees! Love ya'll!!