Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Air Freshener


Here is a cool recipe that the girls and I made a few weeks ago. If you like those air fresheners that are gelled and slowly evaporate, then you will enjoy making these yourself. I bought my liquid potpourri at Walmart. It probably comes out a little cheaper than buying the air fresheners already made. I put mine in jars, so that upped my cost. I plan on making these with the girls for Christmas presents.

Ingredients:

2 cups liquid potpourri

4 packages Knox gelatin (one whole box comes with 4 little packages inside)

food coloring

1. Heat 1 cup liquid potpourri almost to a boil.

2. Stir in 4 packages of gelatin until dissolved.

3. Remove from heat.

4. Stir in 1 cup cool potpourri liquid.

5. Pour mixture into container.

6. Let it set at room temperature overnight or until it becomes solid.


It took mine about 24 hours to turn into a solid. I have one in our bathroom that has been there for almost 2 weeks and it is only about 1/3 gone.

No comments: