Wednesday, June 11, 2008


We have had a busy week so far. The girls are actually attending 2 VBSs this week. One runs Sunday through Wednesday from 7-8:30 at night and the other runs Monday through Friday from 8:30 -12:00. Which is where the girls are right now. It has been a little hectic, but that is what I love about summer, you can find all sorts of activities to keep you busy.
Sadly, the kitten I was syringe feeding died on Monday morning. It is now buried in our backyard. #1 Even though I was feeding it, it wasn't growing at all. #2 Sunday, it wouldn't even swallow the formula, it just ran out of it's mouth. So I had the girls tell it good bye Sunday night, knowing that it would be soon. They were sad, but that is life.
Still house hunting after living here 16 months. We are very picky, but we know that we will be there for a long time wherever we buy. We really liked a house with 6 acres a few weeks ago. It was for sale by owner and had a real pretty yard, etc. Bad thing was, it was about 15 -20 min. farther from Aaron's work. Well, Aaron called to make an offer, and Aaron understood the guy to say that someone was coming already that afternoon to make an offer. So the decision on that house was made for us. Kind of frustrating. There was a house that we looked at when we first moved that we really wanted to buy. It is on a beautiful road with an overlook. 14 acres. A house that has a 2 car garage with a room above that could be finished. Backs up to the National Forest. Actually a little closer to the forest than we live now. We didn't buy for specific reasons, but I have kind of regretted not buying it the last year. So has Aaron. But we couldn't come to an agreement on price. It still hasn't sold but it isn't listed either. I called a realty company I happened to find a few weeks ago and he spoke of a house with 14 acres he was going to be listing soon. He didn't know the location, but when describing what he knew, it will be a strange coincidence if it isn't the same house. He is supposed to call me back this week about it. So, Aaron and I are kind of torn about whether or not to try to buy that house we loved since it is still for sale and the realtor is supposed to call me first (I told him we were VERY interested).
Then last night, I get a call from the people from the house with 6 acres that we were going to make an offer on a few weeks ago, and they didn't sell the house. So, now Aaron and I have a choice and we don't know which way to go. Of course I know where my heart is - I hope we get the one near the forest. But I am really trying not to get my hopes up. We have been burned many times this year in our search for a house.

1 comment:

Griner Mom said...

I have been catching up on your posts! You guys have been busy. The kittens are soo tiny! Sorry one passed away. I know that you will make the right decision about your future home, but it can still be stressful!! Glad you are having a good summer!