Saturday, February 21, 2009

36 hours!

I have worked 8 out of the last 9 days, and if I miraculously manage to avoid the stomach virus going around at work until Wed, I will have worked 11 out of 12 days. No wonder I feel out of the loop at home.
Housework is behind bigtime. But I feel the powerful urge to make as much money as possible while they are calling me every day begging for some hours.
There has been a bad stomach bug floating around the nurses at work. I know of 6 that have had it in the last week or so. So, combine a high census, almost full hospital with nurses calling out 1- 3 days in a row due to being sick and I get to work a lot. At the risk of the dreaded stomach bug.
I worked 7-3 today and came in right behind a nurse dragging down the hall on her way in. Within about 30 minutes she was vomiting, which was pretty annoying, since her kid was sick with the same thing. She knew before coming in she felt awful - put 2 and 2 together and don't come infect us all! After she left, I went to the bathroom and cleaned it down with these antibacterial wipes we clean with at work. The supervisor cleaned all the phones and desk area at the nurses' station, and one nurse went and bought some lysol to spray. But we're not paranoid.
Aaron had to work today too, so Mom came over early to watch the girls. She took them to her apartment around lunchtime. Madelyn and Natalie were signed up to sell Girl Scout Cookies at 3pm until 4:30 at Walmart, I Mom dropped them off for me. I came to Mom's, took a bath, then took Hannah with me to Walmart to pick the girls up. I had promised them that their friend from GS/ Church could come over afterwards today. So, I called her Mom last night to see if she would drop her off at Walmart at 3 too. Then I would pick all 3 of them up. Well, she said she would, but she didn't show. I am glad that this time, I wasn't the "bad guy".
I better get to bed. It is only 9pm, but I have been up since 5am and we have a lot to do tomorrow.
They asked me to work Sunday day shift. I told them I could work 1pm-7pm, so I wouldn't miss church, so they took that. We will be getting up, going to church early, trying to collect as much money as possible before church for the cookies we sold, then as soon as services are over, we will probably go eat at Mom's for lunch, rather than drive all the way back home for 15 min. before having to be back at work.

1 comment:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Wow! You've been BUSY! Gosh!!!

BTW, I was trying to find someone to come speak at the MOPS mtg in April...topic- disciplining kids! I sure wish you were in town! You'd be FABULOUS to speak!!! :)

Hope all is well! And you get some rest!