Monday, February 2, 2009

Nice Weekend

We had a great weekend and some nice family time yesterday, since there has been little with me working most evenings and Aaron working most days.
I got in around 20 hours last week. I worked one 7-3 day that turned out to be so hectic that I was still at work at 5pm. I hardly ever have to stay after to catch up.
Sometimes during the 3rd hour of coop, where I have nothing to do, I will go and sit in the car and read if weather permits. I had left my cell phone out there, and while sitting there, a girl called from work to see if I could come in at 5pm instead of 7pm to relieve her so she could pick up her kids. I said yes.
I got there at 5pm on Friday night only to be told that they didn't need me after 7pm. The census had gone down again. So, I worked a whopping 2 hours Friday. They changed my schedule Saturday to 11a - 7p, which in my opinion, is a great shift to work. You don't have to get up early, you don't have to stay up late.
I had sent out invitations to 3 couples at church to come and eat lunch with us after the morning service. I made the main dish and dessert and listed stuff for them to bring. They all came and it turned out great. I think the last couple left at 3pm and since it was a beautiful day, Aaron and I and the girls went on our trail through our woods. A friend from Aaron's work let him borrow a leaf blower, so Aaron had blown off the trail while we were at coop on Friday. It is approx 1/2 mile long and doesn't run the whole property, but we are not sure about part of our boundry lines in the forest and don't want to mess up someone else's property by digging a trail through it. Then we walked around our cleared acreage.
The sermons lately have been so encouraging to our plight to adopt. I feel less crazy for giving up stuff for this adoption. Even if no one around understands, I know that God is behind us. And after complaining that no one cares about the adoption, I bet in the last 1-2 weeks, 7-8 people at church have asked how it was going. I did mention it in class a few weeks ago, so I don't know if that reminded people of it. I just wish we could start with Russia now. But I know that God's timing is the right timing. I would rather wait for God's plan than rush in with my plan and adopt a child God didn't intend in our family and therefore missing the child He did intend for us. I tis just hard to wait. Next month it will be 2 years since we started. What a journey.

No comments: