Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Searching

Does it seem like you spend half your day searching for stuff when you have kids? No matter how many pencils I buy, seems like they disappear within days. I make the girls do school work in pencil, so they can correct. It is a chore to find a pencil for each of us every day. We even have a big bucket we keep crayons, pencils, and pens in, but even then, pencils elude us. And if we do happen to find a pencil, I really hope it is sharpened, because finding the elusive sharpeners are even harder.
We have a library movie due back yesterday. Can't find the case anywhere. I know it has to be in this house or in the car. We spent about 20 min. already this morning looking for it with no luck. I am sure it will turn up, but probably not before I have enough fines on it to buy the movie.
Don't even get me started on shoes.
We are getting ready to leave the house in a few minutes. We are going over to Mom's before Brownies. Natalie and Hannah both have Fifths disease, but now that they have the rash, we know they aren't contagious. Hannah looks awful. Her rash actually was almost gone, but got worse Sunday and still looks bad. I looked it up on the internet and one website said it could last 1-3 weeks and actually look worse off and on, especially if you are in sunlight. Well, being 60-70 degrees the last 3 days, we have been in the sunlight.
I am so ready to get a digital camera, so I can take pictures again and post them on the website.
For example, Aaron burned a bunch of our land the other day and as I was watching, I kept thinking how cool it would have been to have a picture of Aaron, walking through fire and smoke with his driptorch. Anyway, it was cool and I love that a lot of the underbrush is gone. We also are in the market for a tractor. I am praying for a good deal.
I bought some onions the other day to plant. The girls and I found a bunch of big rocks to line the small onion garden with and I used a shovel and a rake to get the grass and weeds off the top of the soil.
You would think that with a 4 year degree, I would be smart enough to take the number of onion bulbs and the space between and make a good plot that would hold them all at correct spacing. WRONG!!! Not smart enough for that. I still have a ton of bulbs left. I think I will ask for help when we do the big garden. Aaron is really good with spacing and stuff like that.
I worked 7-11 last night and 7-3 on Sunday. They were desparate for help Sunday and I really don't like to work on Sundays, but I was able to go to church Sunday night.

No comments: