Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Vietnam
















Here is a picture of the girls pointing to Vietnam on our atlas on the wall. Hannah is pointing to where we live. The girls are excited. We watched Bizarre foods the other night on tv and the host was in Vietnam. All I have to say is that I am dedicating one suitcase for each of us that goes to prepackaged food. I have never been one to like to try new foods anyway, so this will be a great test for me. The host of the show talked on and on about how most people living there went to the markets 2-3 times a day to cook each meal and how fresh the food was. I told Aaron I am going to asked where the prepackaged - preservative- filled food market is. Now I am not cutting down what any culture eats, since I am sure there is lots of food I eat that people would turn their nose up on, but like I said, I am like a kid when it comes to being brave with new foods. I tend to order the same thing everytime I go to a restaurant. Plus, as sick as I get when I eat soy, I would hate to eat some and not know it and end up miserable the whole time, since when I get a good dose of soy protien in me, I am sick off and on for about 3 weeks at least.



I am anxiously awaiting our change of country papers so that I can start on our dossier. I was told they were sent out on Monday, so they should be here in a few days. I know that our agency is probably overwhelmed with paperwork right now with all the problems with Guatemala, so I am trying to be patient. Once we get our dossier turned in, it should take 9-12 months for a referral and then 1-7 months to go pick up the baby. I am really hoping that it will work out where we can take all 3 girls with us, I can't imagine being away from them for 2 weeks. But it will also require 3 more plane tickets. We'll see as the time draws nearer.


Also, I have enclosed a picture of a shawl I made for the girls. I am currently making #2 and I will probably make a 3rd one that will fit Hannah, although right now, other than wanting to try it on for the picture, she has not fought over wearing it. I found that real soft expensive, small skeins of yarn for sale at Hobby Lobby. Usually it is $5 for a skein and these were $1 each. I bought 19 skeins in different colors. That one shawl would have cost about $25 in yarn alone, but only $5 on sale. It took me about a week, but I didn't work on it everyday. Pretty easy pattern.

2 comments:

Griner Mom said...

I hope your papers come soon too, I know you are eager to get started. Good job on the shawl! I am impressed! Looks like the girls really like it. Love your posts, Ashley

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Congrats on coming to a decision on which country to change to. I know youare anxious to begin the paper chase. You have much to keep you busy for the next 1-12 months as you wait on your referral!