Thursday, July 24, 2008

Closing Postponed

Well, I probably shouldn't be blogging right now. You know how if you don't have something good to say, then don't say it. I will try to be objective.
Our closing has been postponed. Until at least August 1st or August 4th. Apparently, the seller's mortgage company won't have things ready until then.
What does that mean for us?
*$600 more in rent since we won't be moving out before the first of next month. (yes, we probably will ask if we can pay by the week).
*Another week or two of living in a 3/4 packed house.
*Makes it more likely that Aaron will be gone on a fire when we close or move, since he has almost always gone on fires during August.
*I know I am being whiny, but it drags this process on another week or two or who knows.
*I have to try to plan a well drilling around an unknown date.
*There is more to be said, but there may be some blog readers that may know both me and the seller, and in this town, Aaron and I are the outsiders since we have lived here only a year, and yes, everyone in this town knows everyone else.
For instance, I went to look at refrigerators today and told the lady that I was just browsing for a house we were supposed to be buying. She asked whose, and since I couldn't think of a fake name (just kidding), I told her and of course, she knew her plus a few other things.
The problems with the house closing, added to the adoption problems, has me just about in tears.
Here is my earlier lament to Aaron "You know, I stay home and take care of the kids like God wants me to, and it seems like everything we do costs more money than most people because something always goes wrong. I feel like I am doing what God wants and giving up a lot of money, but then it seems like we just get tested with this over and over"
We lost over $5000 that was nonrefundable when Guatemala closed and we had to change to Vietnam. I took that in stride. Got over it, trusted, etc. If Guatemala hadn't closed, we would probably be about to bring home a baby right now. Now Vietnam is about to close and tomorrow, I have a phone appointment with someone from our agency to talk about options and money and how much we are going to lose..again if it closes and we drop out or switch countries.
Alright, enough of my pity party. I am going to count my blessings and perhaps get out of this bad mood, so the kids don't get the fallout of stuff that doesn't have anything to do with them.

2 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

bless your heart! i'll be praying for you today!

Jacinda said...

I'm sorry you're so frustrated.